Tibs Manor

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Ender's Game

I'm trying to read a lot of scifi classics lately. I'm going for a breadth, not depth approach (so I'll read the classic book, but not the endless parade of sequels, instead it's on to the next series/author). Latest completion is Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game which I picked up at Newark Airport a few weeks ago. I'd hear of the book several times, and it got mentioned on a GeekSpeak that I listened to on the flight out so I went and picked it up. Cool story, it's somewhat divided in two parts, Battle School and Fleet School or whatever it's called. I definitely like military science fiction, even if all I've really read in that subgenre is this and Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Nice little twist in this book too.


Currently I'm in the middle of reading Arthur C. Clarke's Rendezvous With Rama, about 1/3 of the way through so far. Talking about the orientation of Rama actually reminds me of the way Ender thinks about the game zone orientation. Not sure what is next on the hitlist, any suggestions (for the 2 of you that EVER check this?)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home