Tibs Manor

Monday, April 10, 2006

Santa Monica

On Sunday we met up with Ryan and his new girlfriend Karie at the Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade. I had been to Santa Monica once before but only to the pier. The promenade was nice although it cannot compare to the GlenOak Promenade so of course I felt a little let down. We had lunch at a little Italian place which was a bit pricy but good.

There were some fun stores there...we hit an Urban Outfitters, a little toy shop called Puzzle Zoo, the Santa Monica branch of Kid Robot, and a couple of shoe stores. I picked up a new pair of sneakers.

We also got two Día de los Muertos switchplate covers from Wild About Music (I found a pic of one of them here but can't find one of the other). I cannot deny my fond memories of Grim Fandango it would seem. In a related note, the Residual branch of ScummVM is getting closer to actually playing the game.

We also hit the pier briefly for a unsuccessful search for Kettle Corn. We did see a guy jump off the pier and get arrested so it was not a wasted trip. Also saw the Nomadic Museum assembled in the parking lot next to the pier. We didn't go inside but it will be there for another month or so, maybe we will make it back in time.

2 Comments:

  • Nice to see you. I like the shoes, you inspired me to buy these http://www.shoes.com/product.asp?p=5021701%7EMENS%7EKANGA&sc=MENS&variant_id=EC1001035

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 PM  

  • I think I like yours better. I cannot fit quarters or handiwipes in mine, they completely lack pockets.

    By Blogger Tom, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home