Tibs Manor

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rings and Anniversaries

Lauren and I bought our wedding bands the other night. Hers is a plain platinum band that matches her engagement ring quite well. Mine is white gold and thicker (but not Big-Man-On-Campus-College-Ring thick or anything). It is also round on the inside but kind of a cross between round and square on the outside, looks pretty cool. I really thought about titanium, it's so nice and light (and cheap!) but in the end I didn't find one that I liked as much. The ring saleman had the standard idiotic "just buy both" solution to my dilemma. We are paying the price for procrastinating though, as there is only about a 50% chance that my correctly sized ring will arrive in time for the wedding. If it doesn't, then for the ceremony I have to use the big one that rattles around my finger and then pocket it afterward so it doesn't fly off in a fit of dancing.


A very happy anniversary wish to Shawn and Michele. I guess that means my two year anniversary of living in California is coming up any day now. I will celebrate with a $5 shrimp burrito from Rubio's and a can of Cactus Cooler.

1 Comments:

  • The ring shop promised a 4-5 week delivery time which cuts it very close to the wedding date, especially since we're going to NJ about a week before. Not 5 minutes after I made this post, they called to tell me my ring had arrived. Maybe they meant 4-5 hours?

    By Blogger Tom, at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home