Tibs Manor

Friday, November 11, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

One of my "I can't believe you've never seen it!" movies is the cult classic Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. I have seen snippets of it but never the whole thing, it always struck me as somewhat creepy and just not a style I particularly enjoyed. Last night Lauren and I watched the 2005 adaptation, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I was pretty lukewarm on this. Johnny Depp was often very funny in this, and a few scenes were really great, but on the whole it still had the uncomfortable feelings I associate with the earlier version. The Oompa Loompas in particular were very disconcerting, I did not like the massive computer generated effect there at all.

1 Comments:

  • I thought this was pretty good, and definitely better than I expected. As creepy as it was, I think the older version is a lot creepier. I always wonder what kind of age group this kind of movie is meant for. A lot of stuff seems too scary for kids, but there's a lot that's too dumb for adults to completely enjoy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home