Tibs Manor

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

CrispyCones

At the Santa Anita mall the other night, Lauren and I tried out the newest addition to the food court, CrispyCones. She had the Pepperoni pizzacone, while I sampled the Porcone. The cones come with a heatguard like a cup of coffee, and a small cardboard box so that you can set it down while you wipe your hands or take pictures (think of the holders on the counter of an ice cream shop).

Despite my inexplicably high hopes, meat stuffed into a cone tastes about as good as it sounds. Maybe I'm not being fair...the taste wasn't disagreeable, it was decently priced, and it was certainly unique. My big complaint was that it was hard to eat, and for a food that seems to have mobility as its most redeeming quality, that is a big strike against it. The pizzacone suffered for being just too much cheese in one place. Those cones are fairly wide at the top, so that is a lot of mozzarella to bite through. I think I liked mine more than Lauren liked hers, but it is safe to say neither of us will be going back. But at least we liked it better than this guy.

3 Comments:

  • Just reading about those Crispy Cones is enough to make me want to skip lunch. That was the cheesiest thing I have ever had. Despite the fact that the cone was only about 3 inches tall, I didn't need to eat anything after that. I really hope the next revolutionary food is better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • I'm surprised that you had such an experience.I work at the mall and by now I tried almost every cone in their menu and I love them!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 PM  

  • just had the smore the other day. better then any other smors.
    my friend had the Curry she loved it, better then the whole Psaudo-Asian food establishments in the mall.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home