Tibs Manor

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Long Wait Is Over

Yesterday in my mail backlog was a notice from Charter about some new cable package. I usually ignore this stuff, I spend too much on cable already after all. But for some reason I opened it and boy am I glad I did. FINALLY, Charter in Pasadena will be offering CBS in high definition. They are also adding some new PBS item (I believe PBS was already offered, not sure what this new one is), and TNT. Both are nice, but CBS is the real winner. Football and college basketball, including March Madness, in glorious HD? Sign me up. Actually you don't even have to sign me up, there's no extra charge if you're already using the HD box. After we move to a new place I may try out the cable company's HD PVR. I love the TiVo interface and extra features, but lately they have basically abandoned their Mac audience, and there's something to be said for a cheaper, dual-tuner option, even at the cost of a worse interface.

1 Comments:

  • What should be done with my old Series2 (never upgraded) hardware? It looks like it only fetches about $20-$30 on eBay, is it worth unloading for so little? Does it have ANY use without a subscription?

    By Blogger Tom, at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home