Tibs Manor

Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Humble Apology

Sorry, constant reader, that updates have been sparse since I came home. The week before a wedding is a frantic time indeed. We've finished up pretty much everything at this point, after a late night run to Kinko's to finish up the programs. But there are just lots of little phone calls and e-mails and errands and such...we picked up the marriage license, met with the church organist, booked a car for the priest, shopped for attendant gifts, dropped off favors at the reception, etc. It will all be worth it, it should be a really great party, and I am genuinely excited to be getting married. I regret that it will probably be so hectic that I don't get to see much of anyone in particular, but I get the sense that that is a common wedding experience. If you are interested in your table assignment or in hearing some food options let me know, I can give you a sneak preview.


My older brother arrives this afternoon and we are off to the Bronx tonight with my parents, Sven and his girlfriend Bridget, and Michael's son Ben, for Ben's first ever live Yankee game. I haven't been to a Yankee game myself in about 3 years so I am looking forward to it.

1 Comments:

  • You are at a table with Michele (obviously), the KMan, and three of Lauren's cousins (two of whom are married, all of whom are about our age). They are a fun group. There are a few other Duke tables, you may recognize some of your neighbors from senior year.

    Lots of cocktail hour items I am very happy with. Highlights include a peking duck station (which I believe was at yours as well?) and vidalia onion hushpuppies. Also a "roasted pineapple carving station" which I don't really understand but they threw it in for free as one of their new menu items. Main entree choice will be between prime rib with a horseradish sauce and chicken cordon bleu. For dessert we have truly gone "bananas" and I will leave it at that.

    Much more but I can't mention it all because for one thing surprises are good, and for another I can't remember at 2:30am!

    By Blogger Tom, at 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home