Tibs Manor

Monday, October 31, 2005

IKEA weekend

This weekend was IKEA's 20th anniversary sale which had 15% off most stuff in the store. We took a trip over on Saturday morning, sampled the 99¢ breakfast (eggs, home fries, bacon or sausage - worth a buck but not great) and then bought a bunch of stuff. We picked up the Leksvik bookcase, the Magiker end table, and the Magiker coffee table (we got the tables in cherry finish). These are BIG tables but they are really nice, one completely flat glass surface, easily accessible storage space underneath for coffee table books or a remote, and they fit in really well with the rest of the living room. I am really happy with these. The bookcase is awesome too, I was able to fit basically all of my boardgames in it with room for a decent amount of additions. Games I want to sell didn't find a home here, and I'm storing more mass market games like Apples to Apples, Cranium, and Trivial Pursuit elsewhere as well. Still I was amazed at the amount of stuff I could get into this bad boy, this is a great bookcase and it looks pretty neat loaded up with all the game boxes.


All in all the apartment is shaping up quite well. We hung up most of our pictures and stuff, added some IKEA kitchen storage stuff to free up some more space, and got a few more boxes unpacked. We're pretty close to being completely settled at this point. I'll post some pictures once we are.


The only sad note was a major screwup by my cable company. They came to fix the sound issues I was having. As I suspected, the problem was just a bad cable box. Did they bring a replacement? Of course not. The guy gave me the option of keeping my faulty box for another week, or getting a regular DVR (no HDTV) for a week. Either way I would get the correct box in another week. I am sick of having no audio on half the channels in my bedroom, so I downgraded to regular DVR. I was focused on making sure the sound was working, so shame on me for not testing every other damn function because after the guy leaves I realize he has stuck me with just a regular cable box, no DVR at all! Ridiculous. I have an all-day appointment on Saturday to get the replacement, and hopefully that will resolve this once and for all. I could hook up the TiVo for the week but I don't feel like doing that, resetting the Pronto, etc. So this week I will be DVR-less. Horrors!


These G-Men are for real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home