Tibs Manor

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

AR - That's More Like It!

Beware of spoilers regarding the 2005-10-25 episode of Amazing Race.


This week saw a return to glory for the show. An interesting locale, good challenges, a fast forward, and perhaps the funniest moment in AR history. I am always stunned when the teams go abroad, because they constantly encounter natives who are willing to drop everything and go miles out of their way, for hours at a time, to help the teams. Don't these people have jobs? This week, seeing such a local board a bus with Wally and his girls, I nearly threw up my hands in disgust. However shortly thereafter it was suggested that the woman was just scamming a free bus ride! I could not stop laughing about that.


DJ Paolo is still a punk. Can you believe he is 24? I assumed he was 3. I feel so sorry for his mom. The shtick is over, it is no longer funny, this is a terrible family. The dad sucks just as bad for not sticking up for his wife. The only one I do not hate is the younger brother Brian.


The Weavers continue to annoy me. In my book, Rolly reached base on E1, and the roadblock clearly required a hit. If I was Phil I would have sent them back to the diamond. I do wish that the "local child sports star" challenges featured better sports stars. The ping pong one in China a few years ago was ok, but this little league team seemed about as coordinated as the Keystone Kops.


I cannot say enough about the Gaghans. What a team. Arguing with a detouring boat captain, recovering from a botched fast forward attempt, pushing through a face-meets-license plate collision, cracking a hit on the dad's first swing, and the kids remaining happy and energetic all along...it was an inspiring sight. Lauren said that she hoped our family would be as great as that and I told her the chances were slim.


My current rankings in terms of who I want to win: Gaghans, Bransens, Linzes, Godlewskis, Weavers, Paolos.

2 Comments:

  • Last night was better than the previous two weeks, but I still don't think the challenges are that great. It seemed really easy to find the guy in the hammock. The bird-finding thing also seemed like a piece of cake. Finding the instruments required a little more work, but they were just sitting out in each place. Similar challenges last season would have people find things in a crowded market place--that seemed a lot tougher! Anyway, I'm happy any week the Gaghans are still in it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 AM  

  • Good call - in general there has been far too much waiting in line this season.

    By Blogger Tom, at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home