Tibs Manor

Friday, November 11, 2005

The Chronicles of Narnia

Continuing my theme of "childhood stuff I missed out on," I never have read any of the C.S. Lewis Narnia books. Earlier this week I decided to rectify the situation, and picked up the box set of all 7 Narnia books from Target. It was cheap, only thirty bones, and buying any single book from there would have run between $10 and $15. My aim is to read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe prior to the release of the movie on December 9th. The only question is, which order should I read them in? I am leaning towards the chronological event order, rather than the published order. They are short books, I should be able to get through the first two easily by the time the film is released.


My favorite piece of trivia about the movie on IMDB is this: "Michelle Pfeiffer was offered the role of the White Witch, but turned it down due to family obligations. She was the only major Hollywood star to have been contacted about the movie." Apparently Liam Neeson doesn't qualify as a major Hollywood star!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home