Tibs Manor

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Kumar Typecasteded!

You may remember Kal Penn from his turn as Kumar in 2004's watershed Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle. He was overshadowed by NPH but it was a memorable role nonetheless. For those of you who were expecting the next De Niro I have some bad news I discovered while wandering my local Blockbuster - he has fallen victim to typecasting. Of what you wonder? Of "dude on cover of DVD screaming and staring through the shapely legs of a partially-clad attractive woman". Actually that doesn't sound too bad.

3 Comments:

  • My guess is that he's on at least another 3 DVD covers like that. Thanks for the IMDB link--now I can anxiously await Harold and Kumar Go to Amsterdam and Van Wilder 2.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

  • I looked before my post, but that's all I found. There's Dude, Where's the Party? (aka Where's the Party Yaar?) which comes close though.

    The best part of Van Wilder 2 is that not only does it not appear to have Ryan Reynolds reprising his role as the title character, but it doesn't appear to have ANYONE playing Van Wilder in it!

    By Blogger Tom, at 1:51 PM  

  • Maybe if he is lucky he can will be looking through a clear glass bong for H&K2, but it will probably just be the legs of the girl he wants to meet.

    I did find it intersting to see that he was originally from montclair, but now resides in L.A. Some people have all the luck of getting typecast! :-D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home