Tibs Manor

Friday, October 14, 2005

The Longest Yard

I watched The Longest Yard last night. I've only seen about the first ten minutes of the original so I can't compare it to that, but it was enjoyable if predictable. My favorite "sports movie meets prison movie" remains 1981's Victory of course.


Fun cast in TLY, especially if you are into wrestling/MMA at all. I recognized Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kevin "Diesel" Nash, (Bill) Goldberg, and the fantastic Bob Sapp. Lots of other famous people in this one, like Michael Irvin, Nelly, and Brian Bosworth. Does the Boz still qualify as famous? It was also funny to see real sportscasters like Jim Rome and Chris Berman appear as themselves, but to have Dan Patrick show up as a cop. However, my favorite castmember was easily Terry Crews as Cheeseburger Eddy. Stupid lines but this guy makes me laugh like crazy, he was far and away the best part of White Chicks, and having seen him here I think I may give Everybody Hates Chris a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home