Tibs Manor

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Drinking Happy Bird

Lauren noticed this new store in Pasadena called The Toy Dept. and took me there as a surprise on Sunday afternoon, knowing how much I enjoy browsing around these places. Very cool store, lots of classic stuff like tin robots, windups, the Mister books, that sort of thing. I picked up a Duffman bobblehead that doesn't bobble so much, and a Drinking Happy Bird (my model has a slightly longer beak and a green tail-feather but otherwise appears as in the picture). With the tagline on the box of 'Once he/she starts Drinking he/she won't stop!', how could I resist? This was a resounding success, he slows down over time but he can keep drinking for about 12 hours! He has joined my workdesk menagerie, which now includes a Simpsons calendar, way too many Stikfas toys, and a Dallas bubblegum trading card featuring Jock and J.R. Ewing. Lauren picked up a device that counts the licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

1 Comments:

  • I really wish I hadn't turned on the Tootsie Pop counter before I was ready to actually eat the pop. Now I am afraid the counter will die before I have the chance to conduct this important research.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home