Tibs Manor

Friday, November 11, 2005

PBW Amun-Re

Eagle-eyed viewers of the blog will note some link changes on the sidebar. In particular, I am now involved in a Play-By-Web game of Amun-Re. I will bet that this game will move considerably slower than my last game of Wallenstein on SpielByWeb, because of the higher level of player interaction during the auction phase. Hopefully players can check in quickly. Amun-Re remains one of my very favorite games - as of now it is ranked #3 on my BGG Top 10. I hope playing by this method contains some of the fun of the face to face version.

2 Comments:

  • I never knew I could so easily access your top 10 games and even see the games you want. This will definitely come in handy for Christmas and birthdays! (Is "Hot 10" games you're interested in now?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 PM  

  • The BGG Top/Hot 10 is recently added feature, it's only a few months old. The "Hot 10" means different things for different people, there's no sitewide convention. For me it's a combination of:

    * Games I own and need to play - like Crusader Rex

    * Games I am playing a lot of and enjoying - like Fearsome Floors and Ra

    * Games I want to buy - like Das Ende des Triumvirats, Caylus, and Tempus

    * Games that aren't out yet but I am keeping an eye on - like the reprints of Fury of Dracula and Taj Mahal. Ra was recently in this category!

    By Blogger Tom, at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home