Tibs Manor

Monday, September 19, 2005

The Brothers Grimm

Saturday night Lauren and I went to see The Brothers Grimm. Lauren fell asleep for much of it but I stayed awake easily and enjoyed it. It had the definite look of a Terry Gilliam film, which I generally enjoy. Definitely weird in parts, and I'm not sure the plot made complete sense all along, but it was nonetheless a treat to watch. Matt Damon and Heath Ledger did well, I am not normally a Ledger fan but I enjoyed his performance quite a bit.


The other perk was that we saw it at a very small theater near our apartment, which only charges $6 a ticket - that takes much of the sting out of falling asleep! They frequently show foreign or indie films there, but there are plenty of mainstream movies as well (in addition to Grimm, they are currently showing movies like War of the Worlds and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in addition to fare like Howl's Moving Castle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home