Tibs Manor

Monday, August 15, 2005

Weekend Movies

Watched two DVD's this weekend, Shaun of the Dead on Friday night, and Clue on Sunday. Shaun was even better than I was hoping for, it was really funny and very cleverly done. I'm a casual horror fan, while Lauren doesn't really like the genre much, but we both thought it was great. If Spaced comes out on Region 1 DVD I may have to rent that to see what it's all about. A worthy entry to the undercrowded horror-comedy subgenre.


I have seen Clue many many times already. When I recently learned that Lauren had never seen it, and then noticed it for sale at Best Buy for seven bucks, I had to pick it up. The DVD is basically devoid of features but it is in anamorphic widescreen, and it does restore the random ending feature. I had only ever seen this movie on VHS previously, where you see all three possible endings in succession. That's an option here too, but when you start the movie you can also set the DVD to play you one ending at random, the way you would have seen the movie in theaters. That's what DVD is all about, right, recreating the theater experience? (We got ending #3 by the way, which is my favorite.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home