Tibs Manor

Monday, August 15, 2005

Weekend Video Games

I intended to pick up a copy of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within at the mall this weekend, as it's been down to $30 on the GameCube for quite awhile. Then I got to thinking that lately I just haven't enjoyed sequels nearly as much as the originals (except for Halo 2 of course). So instead I picked up F-Zero GX and Pikmin, both used, for $25 total. I haven't given Pikmin a try just yet. F-Zero is fun so far. It is blindingly fast, I still think Burnout 3 feels a little faster, but they're both in the same class at least. There are some interesting driving techniques that let you make 90° turns with ease. Nice and arcadey, just the way I like my driving games. It is also chock full of Japanese weirdness; this is the first game I've played that let me answer post-race sports-reporter interview questions while fans in lizard suits danced in the background.

1 Comments:

  • Make it a point to play the first Prince of Persia for sure, even if you have little interest in platformers (and especially if you DO like them). It is a tremendous game.

    By Blogger Tom, at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home